One of the best natural environments in the world.
The best fishing guides in North America
Issues, updates and events from the SFI and BC's sport fishing community.
Stay informed, participate, contribute. Benefits for your business and sport fishing in British Columbia
Healthy resources, expectations and opportunities now and for the future
The Sport Fishing Institute of BC is a nonprofit society. Contributors and members are made up of a wide range of committed stakeholders including: fishing lodges, resorts, certified tidal angling guides, hotels, charter operators, manufacturers, distributors, tackle shops, dealers, boat marine manufacturers, regional airlines, individual anglers and key insurance industry organizations. Our common goals are to ensure sustainability of our natural resources and that angling opportunities are maintained and promoted.
The SFI depends on membership fees and contributions from anglers and the many businesses that serve and benefit from them.
For membership information and opportunities please call the SFI @ (250) 591.0734 or (604) 946.0734, e-mail email@example.com or visit this link: SFI MEMBERSHIP
Or, if you'd like to join us,select the membership type that applies to you:
You are a Certified Tidal Angling Guide, a sport fishing enthusiast, or an industry or individual supporter of the SFI’s goals and recreational fishing in BC.
You have a business that is involved in the sport fishing industry. Membership is available at a variety of levels based on the size of your business. Click here to see membership levels.
Membership ensures that your views regarding various issues are:
• Represented in annual fishing plan development and ongoing fisheries policy development.
• Informed by regular and relevant industry updates by e-mail newsletter.
• Heard through invitation to attend and participate in the annual SFI conference.
• Addressed by the SFI as your liaison and information hub for Transport Canada Marine, Fisheries and Oceans, Ministry of Environment and other relevant government agencies.
All members will be offered access to:
• Medical and Dental Benefits
• Liability insurance designed for the sport fishing industry.
• Manufacturer & Service provider discounts.
CTAG members will receive a credit card style membership ID, logo decals and authorization to use the CTAG logo on personal or business websites or promotional materials. A CTAG committee made up of SFI and CTAG members will provide specific updates, will represent the CTAG membership at SFI board meetings and will advocate on behalf of CTAG on the BC Coast.
New membership benefits and discounts will be listed on the SFI Member Benefits page and relayed in e-mail news updates!